GRANITE VS. QUARTZ COUNTERTOPS
Granite countertops are still in high demand. This product is mined from pure stone. The stone is sawed into slabs, polished and ready for install.
Granite can be stikingly beautiful, but does have its weaknesses. The stone needs to be sealed at installation and periodically on a regular basis. Granite can crack or chip easier then quartz. Bottom line if choosing granite make sure it is sealed on a regular basis and always keep a dishrag handy to clean stains immediately. When pouring wines or juices into glasses make sure this is done over the sink or table, not above the counter. Don’t leave wet or dirty dishes sitting on your granite countertop. Granite has pores and tiny capillaries within the material. These natural pits in the stone can cause liquid to wick into the surface either staining or harboring germs such as bacteria and viruses.
Quartz countertops are manufactured from crushed quartz that is mixed with pigments for the coloration and resin for the binder. Quartz content is typically between 92% to 94%. These materials are mixed together in a pre-calculated formula and spread in to specific molds.
The slabs are then compressed under 100 tons of compression, resulting in a impenetrable surface. These slabs are then put into a kiln for curing for 45 minutes. The surface is then finished with either a satin, honed or polished look.
Quartz is easier to keep germ free. Being that it is a engineered product quartz is non-porous. The non-porous surface of the engineered quartz will not collect contaminants. This product is primarily preferred by parents with young kids and elderly who are susceptible to viruses and bacteria. Quartz countertops are durable and stain resistant.
Viatera Quartz Surface is designed and created around the idea that a countertop is where life’s moments happen. Whether you are looking for a surface that stands up to the demands of daily life, or a surface that resists the wear of commercial applications, Viatera is available in a array of colors and styles that allow you the freedom to create a space that truly reflects the beauty and wonder of your life. Quartz countertops are stronger and more stain resistant than natural stone. Viatera contains 93% quartz while granite generally contains 20-60% quartz. As a result, Viatera has a much higher tensile strength than granite. This product is also non porous making it extremely resistant to stains, and sealing is not required.
Cambria, American made and family owned.
A couple of reasons for choosing cambria:
1. the leader in innovation -126 beautiful slections for any style or decor.
2. All designs one price – every design is the same price, fitting into your budget easily.
3. The natural choice – Cambria is 93% pure, natural quartz, one of the hardest mineral on earth, for superior durability and performance.
4. Superior performance – Cambria natural stone surface are scratch resistant and never need sealing or polishing, simply clean with warm water.
5. A healthy kitchen – Cambria is non porous so staining liquids and harmful bacteria are never absorbed.
6. Environmentally friendly – from responsible mining to recycling all the water used during the process, cambria is dedicated to preserving the environment.
7. American craftsmanship – Made in USA
8. Lifetime limited warranty – guaranteeing you peace of mind for life.